Ask yourself . . .
- What is happening beyond the borders of the organization?
- Where is our next opportunity?
- What should we monitor as possible threats?
Studying the macro-environment can uncover current or future opportunities for the organization or detect potential threats. Environmental scanning considers the forces that currently or will potentially affect you, whether they come from within the industry, the frontier of discovery, or the evolution of society.
The Greenhill Group works with organizations in the journey of exploring its surroundings from six viewpoints; Social, Technology, Political, Economic, Environmental and Legal.
The Greenhill Group supports this process through:
- Investigating factors for the organization to consider
- Running facilitated sessions with participants to review and weigh the relevancy of environmental factors.
- Discussing with management results of the environmental scan to consider in their strategic planning and operational processes